Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How To Make a Hydrangea Lampshade

I bought a new lamp for my office
but thought the shade was a Little plain.
So I got on Pinterest to see what I could make.
Here is what I came up with.


Lamp and Shade before I started.

What you need:
I bought 4 large brown artificial Hydrangeas
Hot glue and gun
Scissors to cut flowers of the stems.


I cute all the flowers off the stems
and began hot gluing them around 
 the bottom of the lamp shade.


I made a second, then a row around the top.





Then, I continued to glue the flowers
on around the shade,
and filled in spots with too much space.

That's it! here is a picture close up.


I chose Hydrangeas with some
silk and some velvet flowers.

I Love how the light shines
 through the flower petals!


1 comment:

Crystal said...

That is such a great idea!

I am going to try that!