Thursday, April 19, 2012

Metal Chain Crochet Dog Collar

I am always looking for new  things
 to crochet on and with...
And you know I love to design things for dogs..
So I came up with a cool idea..
To crochet A dog collar on a metal chain.


Metal Cahin Crochet Dog Collar Crochet Pattern
by Sara Sach
 Please add this crochet Pattern to your Ravelry Favorites

Skill: Easy


Materials:
Any Sport Weight Yarn
Hook - C
Chain - any kind with links large enough to get the c hook through
Chain clip or clasp
Your choice of button or embellishment

Stitches:
Chain (ch)
Single Crochet (sc)
Slip Stitch (sl st)
The first thing you need to do is measure your dog's neck,
then measure your chain, cutting the length you need.


Begin by stitching 2 sc in the first link of the metal chain

then 2 sc in each link, being careful not to twist the links, or it will curl.
4 sc in the last chain link, then working down the opposite side of the chain,
 2 sc in each link, join to the first sc, and tie off weave in your ends.
Add a Clasp or hook to end of collar. Then embellish with a button or charm.

If you want a edge like the Butterfly collar,
working back around the whole collar, follow this pattern * ch 3, skip 2 scs,
sl st in the next st, repeat from *, join.
The Butterfly is a charm I bought from Hobby Lobby.

Rosie's Collar has a Charm.

Maximo's Collar has a Wooden button.


Enjoy!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh thats so cool. I really like that.

Sherri said...

That is such a cute idea, thank so much for sharing it!!

Posh Pooch Designs said...

Thanks, it was fun!

Crystal said...

This is a great idea!
I am going to try it right now!

Anonymous said...

I see you are always looking for new things to crochet... check out this youtube channel for free video patterns on crochet: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hectanooga1

Jennie Louise said...

hahahaa... cuteness alert. I know one of my followers who would just love this! Gonna forward to her now actually.
So fun & creative! I wonder if you would consider linking this post up with MY craft linky party too -- This tutorial is perfect for linking up and showing my followers your pretty dog collars. I follow my new bloggers i find and use Pinterest also to showcase my favourites. http://www.snapdragonshots.com/2012/05/sunday-school-linky-party.html
jennie. x

Posh Pooch Designs said...

yes, I love pinterest also!!!
there are alot of very talented crafters out there!

dog food said...

You do not have to be very choosy in getting your dog's collar and leash. However, your dog's comfort should be on top priority. The quality should come next since training would entail rigid activities. Hence, dog collars should be sturdy enough to clutch your dog.

Posh Pooch Designs said...

This collar is a decorative collar, not intended to have a leash attached to it.

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing, we have a little dog and have not been able to find a collar that will fit him properly. I've worried if I made one from crochet that it would streach out of shape but this solves that problem. thanks again.

Anonymous said...

This is a really great idea!! Thanks for sharing it!!