Thursday, August 16, 2012

How I Made Polymer Clay Covered Hooks

I have been wanting to try this,
so I did!
And it was Fun!
So here is what You Need:
Polymer Clay
Metal Crochet Hooks
 Parchment Paper
An Oven

See The Video Demonstration on my
 Youtube Channel at This LINK

Let's Get Started:
Preheat Your oven to 275
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Line Your work area with parchment as well.
Two or Three  Fun Clay colors and
3 Metal Crochet Hooks.
Knead the clay until it is soft.
and roll it out into thin canes,
Twisted them together gently.
Then folded them over twice.
Rolled them in a ball.
You want the colors to mix
without blending together.
Then I rolled out a thick cane,
and cut it to the right length.
I gently pulled the hook into the clay.
No Glue or adhesive is needed.

I didn't have very many issues 
with bunching but 
I rolled it a little bit to smooth it out.

I laid them on Parchment paper.
Ready to go in the toaster oven.
bake at 275 for 15 minutes.

Let Your Hooks Cool and cure 
for about 24 hours before using.
All cooled and Ready to Crochet!



3 comments:

A Girl and Her Yarn Boutique said...

very cool!!

Anonymous said...

that's cool, I'm going to have to try that!

Unknown said...

Hi Posh Pooch, I came across this while looking for granny squares. I just finished making these so I will check them in 24 hours and see how they look. It was very easy to do..so thank you so much