Monday, January 6, 2014

Who Invented The Crochet Hook?

Do you collect Crochet Hooks?
 I know I have quite a few of them. 
Metal Hooks.

And I have often wondered,
 who invented the Crochet hook. 
So I  started reading 
and investigating.

I came a cross this article by
Creative Spot Light 

"Little is known of crochets early history.
 It seems likely that the earliest crochet
 was made using fingers, rather than the 
hooks used today. There are theories that 
crochet could have existed as early as 
1500 BC, as part of nuns work, 
which included needlepoint lace 
and bobbin lace."

You can read the entire article at the link above

But there are so many different hooks out there,
 how do I know which on to use?
Some have different styles of heads?

Some are made of wood or bamboo?
Some even have special handles?
Some even light up!
And some are quite fancy.

But how do I choose which hook to use?
You need the right size hook for your project, 
as stated in your pattern. 
But Type of Hook, 
really depends on your preference.

What type of Hook do you prefer?


No comments: