Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My Exercise UPdate and A Yoga Mat Crochet Pattern

My Exercise Update
By Sara Sach of
 Posh Pooch Designs
I Started on a New Journey of Good Healthy
 Eating and Exercise in January of 2014.
I had been sort of stagnant for a while.
 I was doing Water Aerobics and some walking.
Then my Daughter came and visited me and got me back on track. 
We did some serious walking and exercise.
 I have also, added ball work, resistance bands and yoga.

Here is a Blog about My Daughters journey,
 I am so proud of her weight loss,but also her as a person!
She has also started a page on facebook
To share what works for her,
To share her goals and to encourage others.

My Motto:
I exercise to get strong and healthy, 
and if I lose some wight along the way, 
well, that's a perk

So About the Yoga Mat Crochet Pattern


This Pattern including the Yoga socks pattern,
is now available in a PDF file Download
for $3.50 in my Ravelry Shop At This LINK

Please show this pattern some Love Ravelry 

Cross Stitch Yoga Bag Crochet Pattern By Sara Sach
26 inches long X 13 inches around - fits standard size yoga mat rolled up 
Skill - Easy

Materials:
Hook - I
Yarn Needle
Yarn - Worsted Weight (4)
   I used I Love This yarn -Purple C1- and Pebble Beach -C2

Stitches:
Chain ( ch)
Single Crochet ( sc)
Half Double Crochet ( hdc)
Double Crochet ( dc)
Cross Stitch ( Cr st)
Link for How to cross Stitch Crochet 
Please note that in this pattern we are ch1 and skip an extra stitch
 between cross stitches for a more open pattern.

Pattern:
R: 1 - With C1,  ch 3, 6 dc in the 2nd ch from the hook, 
join, ch2 (6dc)
R : 2 - 1 dc in the same st as ch2, 2 dc in each dc around,
 join, ch2 ( 12 dc)
R : 3 - 1 dc in the same st as ch2, 2 dc in each dc around, join,
 ch2 ( 24 dc)
R : 4 - 1 hdc in the same st as the ch 2, 2 hdc in each dc around,
 join and ch 2(48hdc)
R : 5 - 1 hdc in each hdc around, join, ch 2,  48 hdc
R: 6-9 - Repeat R : 5

R : 10 - Change to C2, ch 4, skip next 2 sts, 1 dc in the next st, 
cross back and 1dc in 2nd skipped st, ch 1, * skip next 2 sts, 
1 dc in the next st, cross back and 1dc in 2nd skipped st, ch 1*
 Repeat around, dc in the space of the ch 4 beginning ch,
 join to the 2nd ch of that beginning ch, ch1 ( 16 cr st)
Close up of the Cross Stitches

R : 11 - 1 sc in the center of the first cr st, 2 sc in the ch 1 space,
 between the next cr st,*1 sc in the center of the next cr st, 
2 sc in the ch 1 space between the next cr st*
Repeat From * to * around, join ch 2 ( 48 sc)

R : 12 - 1 hdc in each sc around, join, ch 2 (48 hdc)

R : 13 -45     Repeat R :10-12 , 15 times

R : 46 - Change to C1, 1 hdc in each in each sc around, join, ch 2
R : 47 - 51  - Repeat R : 46
R : 52 - Repeat R : 46,
Adding the handle, then ch70, attach the ch to top row of R : 9,
 with a sc, sc in the next st, turn and sc back up the ch, attach with a sc,
 then sc in the next st, and sc back down the handle. 
Again attaching with a sc, tie off and weave in your end. 

 It does seem like I am not the only one
 who like the Yoga Mat!
She cal this " Down Doggie".
 Rosie Sitting pretty on Liz's Mat
I wonder if there is Dog Yoga?
I will have to find out!
Well, here is the finished bag, 
which I enjoy using.
 Fits my mat perfect and 
love that I can hang it up
or carry the bag
with the handle.

No comments: