Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Live Video Chat - Can Acrylic Yarn Projects Be Blocked? | Posh Pooch Designs

This Week On Our Live Video Chat, With Sara Sach of
We are answering the Question,
" Can Acrylic yarn projects be Blocked? and should they be?



See The Live Video Chat on my Youtube Channel at This LINK

First let's Answer the Question, '"What is Blocking"?
Blocking is basically dampening, and laying out 
your project to dry. Sometimes on a board with pins. 
It helps to shape and crisp up your projects. 
Small projects can be pinned down to a board, 
larger projects can be laid Out on a large flat surface.
You can purchase a Blocking board or use any type of sponge or foam board as long as the pins will stay in it.

I have even heard of people using cardboard, 
though I do not recommend that.


See The Video demonstration on my Youtube Channel at this LINK

But What about Projects made with Acrylic yarn?
Yes, absolutely you can block them.
But it is totally up to you if you feel they need it.
sometimes I do, and Sometimes I do not.
Depends on the project and what I am using it for.

What you will Need to Block a Small Project:
Some sort of foam Board.
Stainless Steele Straight pins (metal pins can leave rust marks)
A Clean towel
A Water Bottle filled with fresh water

I Place a towel across the board sometimes, 
depending on the size and weight of the project
 to catch the over spray.
I lay out the project, and pin the project. Making sure corners and shape are consistent.
Then, I spray the project with water,  just enough to dampen it, 
I do not soak it. It would take too long to dry.
If it is a small project I set it on top of my dryer to dry.
 if it is larger and the weather is nice I set it on the back deck,
 in the shade.
Once it is dry, remove the pins and it is good to go!

What is Happening this Week at 
Posh Pooch Designs

Christmas Ball ornament Coaster
Free Crochet Pattern and Video LINK


Christmas Candy Dog Bandanna 
Free Crochet Pattern and Video  LINK

Christmas Star 
Free Crochet pattern and Video LINK

By Special Request - 
The Chihuahua Head Christmas Ornament
Crochet Pattern and Video  LINK

No comments: